top of page

Myrtle Johnson

1945 ~ 2018

Date of death: December 22, 2018


In profound sadness, the staff of Veasley Funeral Home & Cremations, Inc. want to express our sincere condolences to the Johnson family. Myrtle's earthly temple is now resting in the care of Rowell-Parish Mortuary. Revelations 21:4 says "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death; nor sorrow, nor crying, neither shall their be anymore pain, for the former things are passed away." Be assured that in the days ahead you will surely gain strength from the memories of Ms. Myrtle Johnson.


Derrick B.Veasley ~ Director

Henry B.Veasley ~ Director

Pastor E.C. Maltbia ~ Chaplain


Myrtle Louise Johnson was born in Los Angeles, CA on August 22, 1945. The daughter of Jessie Myrtle Adams and Willie B. Johnson, both of them served during World War II, and both preceded her in death. Myrtle lived with her grandmother, Alice Moore in Van Buren, AR. When her grandmother passed away, she then moved to Ft. Smith, AR to live with her mother and step-father, Curtis Adams, Sr.

Myrtle graduated from Lincoln High School in Ft. Smith. She always had a desire to travel. Shortly after graduation, she moved to Chicago, IL, then Milwaukee, WI and finally to Tulsa, OK. While living in Tulsa, one day in May 1973 she met Willie L. Johnson, it was love at first sight for both of them. Four months later they were married. They were married 45 years. They had two sons: Lamont A. Johnson (who preceded her in death) and Mario L. Johnson, a retired Army Veteran Officer.

Myrtle always loved styling people’s hair. She attended Mrs. Troupe's Beautician School and completed several cosmetology courses. After she completed her studies, she became a licensed beautician. Myrtle had a spirit of entrepreneurship, whereby in 1977, she opened her beauty shop, “Shear Delight.”

Myrtle always loved God. At a young age, she accepted Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior and was baptized. She often ministered and prayed for her customers. Many of the people that Myrtle prayed for began to realize that God was hearing and answering her prayers. The news of her gift reached Pastor James Hill at Northside Christian Center. Pastor Hill gave Evangelist Johnson her first preaching divine assignment where she lay hands on and pray for people in need. There were many people in line for prayer, and this happened in 1995. The Holy Spirit began to move mightily in her life with holy boldness. She had a hunger for the Word of God that could not be filled. In her secret place, Myrtle began to fast and to pray day and night for people. The more time she spent with God, the more her faith and relationship with God increased.

God spoke to her through the Holy Spirit and revealed to her that He had another job for her to do, full time. She immediately closed her beauty shop in 1997 and went to work for the Lord. She studied, trained and took theology classes all while doing the work of the Lord. Myrtle became an Intercessor for the Lord. She prayed for people in hospitals, nursing homes, in churches, in our home, and in people’s home. She would go wherever the Holy Spirit led her to go.

Myrtle first became a licensed evangelist in 1996, and in 1999 she became an ordained minister in the Pentecostal Church. She founded a ministry for the Lord called, “The Bread of Life.” Myrtle conducted prayer breakfasts, participated in women’s conferences and spoke in churches in Arkansas, Germany, Oklahoma, Texas, and Virginia. She also worked for Richard Roberts at the Prayer Tower at Oral Roberts University as a Prayer Warrior.

The Holy Spirit also revealed to her that she had a message for the people internationally. In 1997 she began a weekly radio broadcast in Tulsa for seven years. When the radio station was sold, she began a weekly message on Lesea Broadcasting Network in England for three years. Her messages ministered to people in Northern Africa, the Middle East and in Europe. She received many words of encouragement from people here and abroad. They all told her how much her messages helped them. We all believe that God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit is pleased with the way she completed every divine assignment.

Myrtle leaves to mourn her passing her husband, Willie L. Johnson; son, Mario L. Johnson (Selena), Grandchildren, Darius, Mariah, Alexis and Nathan Johnson; brothers, Curtis (Kimberly), Glen (Loretta), Carletus (Natalie) Adams; sisters, Shelia (Joseph) Meeks, Diane (John) Hughes, Linda Edwards, Carlene Adams and Mary Francis Adams (preceded her in death) and many nephews, nieces and cousins.

Visitation will be Tuesday, January 1, 2019 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at Rowell-Parish Mortuary.

Celebration of life service will be held Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 10:30 a.m. at New Life Church of God in Christ at 1808 N. Greenwood Ave., Fort Smith, Arkansas 72904.

Committal service and final resting place will be held at the Fort Smith National Cemetery, Fort Smith, Arkansas.

Flowers should be sent to Rowell Parish Mortuary.

Office: 479-782-9200
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page